How does it works
Workers compensation kentucky is a type of insurance that provides coverage for employees who are injured or become ill on the job. This coverage can help pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs associated with a work-related injury or illness.
At S Cohen Insurance, we understand the complexities of workman’s compensation and are committed to guiding you through the process. Our workers compensation Northern Kentucky team of experienced professionals will work with you to ensure that you receive the coverage you need to protect your business and your employees. We’ll walk you step by step through the process, helping you understand your options and making sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions. With S Cohen Insurance, you can rest easy knowing that your business is protected and your employees are taken care of. Contact us today to learn more.
Report the injury to your employer
As soon as possible after your injury, report it to your employer. This will start the process.
Seek medical attention
It’s important to seek medical attention for your injury, even if it seems minor. Your medical records will be used as evidence when filing your claim.
Complete a claim form
Your employer should provide you with a claim form to fill out. Be sure to complete it accurately and include all necessary information.
Submit your claim
Once your claim form is complete, submit it to your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance carrier.
Workers Compensation Northern Kentucky Laws: What Employers Need to Know
Workers Compensation Northern Kentucky laws provide important protections for both employees and employers. As an employer in Kentucky, it’s important to understand the state’s workers compensation laws to ensure that your business is compliant and your employees are protected.
Who is Covered by Kentucky Workers’ Compensation?
In Kentucky, most employers with one or more employees are required to carry workers compensation insurance. This includes full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees.
What Benefits are Available Under Kentucky Workers Compensation?
Under Workers Compensation Northern Kentucky laws, employees who are injured on the job or develop a work-related illness are entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical benefits: covers all reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the work-related injury or illness
- Temporary total disability benefits: provides compensation for lost wages due to a work-related injury or illness that causes the employee to miss work for more than seven days
- Permanent partial disability benefits: provides compensation for a permanent injury or loss of function that doesn’t prevent the employee from returning to work
- Permanent total disability benefits: provides compensation for a permanent injury or loss of function that prevents the employee from returning to work
- Death benefits: provides compensation to the dependents of an employee who dies as a result of a work-related injury or illness
How to File a Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Insurance Claim
If an employee is injured on the job or develops a work-related illness, they should follow these steps to file a Workers Compensation Northern Kentucky claim:
- Report the injury or illness to their employer as soon as possible
- Seek medical attention for the injury or illness
- Complete a worker’s compensation claim form and submit it to their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier
- Follow up with their employer and the insurance carrier to ensure that their claim is being processed and they are receiving the benefits they are entitled to
As an employer in Kentucky, it’s crucial to understand the state’s Kentucky workers compensation insurance laws and ensure that your business is compliant. By providing workers compensation coverage to your employees, you can protect both your business and your workers in the event of a work-related injury or illness. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help protect your business with Kentucky workers compensation insurance.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!
We would love to hear from you. No matter what questions you have, we are here to provide support